Family Law Attorney in Laguna Hills
Advising Families Throughout Orange County
Family law cases, such as divorces and proceedings for child custody and support, are some of the most common legal actions filed in California courts. Given that roughly half of the adult population in America is married, it is no surprise that family law proceedings constitute a significant percentage of court cases in our justice system.
The stakes in family law cases can be very high, often involving significant financial and personal costs. If you want to make sure your legal rights and interests are protected in a legal dispute involving California family law, you should consult a family lawyer in Laguna Hills from The Hunter Law Group.
To learn more about how our firm can benefit you, call us at (888) 844-9281 today.
Valuable Experience with California Family Law Cases
California family law covers a broad range of legal issues and cases. At The Hunter Law Group, our dedicated family law attorney has spent a substantial portion of his legal practice focusing on resolving legal disputes that arise under California family law.
You can turn to The Hunter Law Group to provide personalized legal representation in the following cases:
- Annulments: In some cases, a couple can end their marriage by filing for an annulment. If your marriage would be considered legally invalid based on certain facts, you can request the court to declare your marriage to have never existed in the first place.
- Divorce: Each marriage is different. As a result, no divorce case is exactly like another divorce. Our legal team has worked with various divorce matters, including uncontested and contested divorces, as well as high-net-worth and military divorces.
- Legal Separation: If you aren’t sure whether getting a divorce is right for your case, you might benefit from getting a legal separation. We can advise you about whether this course of action is appropriate for your needs.
- Child Custody: When a divorce involves minor children, one of the most critical issues to resolve involves determining which parent the child will live with after the divorce. Our legal team has experience with custody issues, including temporary custody and enforcing custody orders.
- Visitation: In custodial arrangements where a minor child primarily resides with one parent rather than the other, the noncustodial parent still has a right to visit the child when they can. We have experience consulting and crafting parenting plans that provide fair terms for a parent’s visitation rights.
- Child Support: You can count on our legal to help you with issues such as the calculation, modification, and enforcement of child support obligations.
- Spousal Support: Spousal support is appropriate in certain cases where one spouse would not have adequate resources to cover their living expenses after divorce. We can advise you and matters concerning the duration and amount of spousal support available in your case under California law.
- Mediation: A significant way a couple can minimize the conflict and expenses associated with conventional divorce litigation is to cooperate during mediation sessions. We have experience resolving divorce cases through mediation to help you save on legal costs.
- Modifications: If you cannot comply with the terms of your divorce due to a material change in circumstances, you may be entitled to modify those terms. Our family law attorneys can guide you through the complicated legal issues associated with modifications.
- Paternity: When it comes to the care, custody, and financial support of a minor child, these rights and responsibilities depend on the existence of a parent-child relationship. We can represent you during paternity proceedings where your parental rights may be at stake.
- Post-Marital Agreements: In some marriages, it may be appropriate for the couple to enter into a written agreement that clarifies their property rights as a married couple. We can advise you on whether a post-marital agreement can benefit you and your family’s needs.
- Pre-Marital Agreements: Can you benefit from a pre-marital agreement? The answer depends on the specific circumstances unique to your case. Consult a member of our legal team to find out if a pre-marital agreement will benefit you and your marriage.
- Property Settlements: Divorcing couples can get into intense conflict about how to divide the property they acquired during their marriage. You can count on us to guide you through complex issues involving California community property to help you find a just solution to your legal dispute.
Reach Out to The Hunter Law Group for Legal Advice
At The Hunter Law Group, we can appreciate the fact that not all family law cases are the same. That is why our legal team, led by Attorney Daniel C. Hunter IV, focuses on your specific needs in crafting a strategy that addresses the unique circumstances of your case.
Please call us at (888) 844-9281 or contact our office onlineto schedule an initial consultation today.
Helping Draft a Strategy To Help You Move ForwardWorking With Our Professionals at Hunter Law Group
Giving You One-On-One Advice
When you schedule your initial consultation with our firm, you'll be able to speak directly with one of our experienced family law attorneys and begin discussing the specifics of your case.
Helping You Write The Next Chapter
We're committed to helping you move on with proactive legal solutions to help resolve a wide range of family law related concerns. To learn more, we recommend reaching out to our offices to schedule a consultation.
Decades of Legal Experience
Our team of legal professionals have a strong understanding of family law and the various elements that can affect your divorce, child support, and post-divorce agreement.
Customized Legal Solutions
At Hunter Law Group, we take our time to get to know you, your case, and the specifics of your situation to better provide legal solutions tailored to your specific case or legal concern.