Orange County Divorce Mediation Lawyer
Alternative Resolutions to Divorce in California
The thought of dissolving your marriage can extremely stressful and overwhelming. People often picture scenes of yelling and arguing, as well as huge financial loss. The Hunter Law Group in Orange County can offer a more amicable, less financially difficult alternative - divorce mediation. Our experienced mediator helps facilitate an amicable relationship between divorcing parties, ensuring that key issues be discussed fairly, outside of the courtroom.
What is Divorce Mediation?
Mediation is essentially assisted negotiation and is centered on the concept of informed consent. If you are facing divorce and you wish for peaceful negotiation of the various issues that will arise then this may be the best option for you.
Benefits of Using a Divorce Mediator in Orange County
There are several primary benefits to mediation:
- Mediation is voluntary - You may leave at any time for any reason. You have no legal obligation to continue this negotiation.
- Confidentiality - The documents and discussion are generally unavailable to any subsequent court or other proceedings. The only document that is certainly not confidential is the finalized and signed mediation agreement.
- Freedom to make decisions - Each party can veto any provision that is made for mediated agreement and other freedoms. A benefit to mediation is that nothing can be imposed on you.
There are other benefits to mediation such as that through this process you will be encouraged to retain expert advice and legal counsel so that you may be well informed of all of the proceedings and how they will affect you. You have complete freedom to make the decisions you wish to.
What is the Process of Mediation?
Once you decide that mediation is the best option for you and your spouse, then our legal team can assist you through the process.
- 1. First, we will have an initial consultation with your spouse and his or her lawyer to establish some basic rules, as well as the issues that are important for each spouse. These concerns usually involve:
- 2. After the initial consultation, both spouses and their legal representation will have some tasks to complete, such as gathering certain documentation. Outside professionals like therapists and financial planners can sometimes be helpful in this stage of the process.
- 3. The parties will again meet for one or more subsequent appointments to negotiate the agreement. When both groups have come to an agreement, then a written statement will be prepared and signed by each spouse.
- 4. The document will then be sent to the court for approval.
Your lawyer will assist in making sure that the other party does not take advantage of you and that all your goals are being met in the process.
Contact The Orange County Divorce Mediator from The Hunter Law Group Today
Throughout this process of mediation, the idea is to peacefully negotiate and agree on terms for divorce, property division, custody rights, support, and many other issues. If these topics cannot be discussed and decided upon in mediation then the divorce case may go to trial.
In the case of trial, there may be substantial hostility and you may find that you receive a highly undesirable outcome to some issues. Mediation will allow for compromise in some areas in order to obtain the best possible outcomes for all of those who are involved. You need an attorney for mediation cases to ensure the optimal chance of success, and our firm can help.
Contact our office for a consultation to learn more about our divorce mediation services in Orange County.
Giving You One-On-One Advice
When you schedule your initial consultation with our firm, you'll be able to speak directly with one of our experienced family law attorneys and begin discussing the specifics of your case.
Helping You Write The Next Chapter
We're committed to helping you move on with proactive legal solutions to help resolve a wide range of family law related concerns. To learn more, we recommend reaching out to our offices to schedule a consultation.
Decades of Legal Experience
Our team of legal professionals have a strong understanding of family law and the various elements that can affect your divorce, child support, and post-divorce agreement.
Customized Legal Solutions
At Hunter Law Group, we take our time to get to know you, your case, and the specifics of your situation to better provide legal solutions tailored to your specific case or legal concern.