Child Support Enforcement

Trusted Mission Viejo Child Support Attorney

The biological parents of minor children are legally obligated to provide support for their children in California, even if the child is conceived out of wedlock. In the case of dissolution of marriage, support is often required of one or more of the parents of the child. Parents are required to make support payments to the other parent based on a number of factors including: who has custody of the child and for how much of the time, the average income of each parent and any expenses and hardship deductions.

If you are supposed to be receiving child support payments for compensation but you are not then you may be able to file contempt in order to obtain your due payments. If the contempt is accepted then the parent who owes child support payments will have to pay penalties and/or interest on the past due amounts. In California the penalties and interest can be extremely substantial, sometimes even more than the amount that is due for child support. In addition to these penalty fines, the individual who fails to make these payments could face prison time if they continue to fail to make their payments.

How Our Orange County Firm Can Help You

If you are not receiving the support that you are entitled to then you will greatly benefit from the assistance of our firm. We will be able to help you through the process of filing contempt in order to obtain the compensation that you are due, and we will fight to see that your rights are upheld. Our firm has been practicing in divorce and family law for more than 45 combined years. We have the skill and experience that you need on your side in order to maximize your chances of a favorable outcome of your case in court. Do not hesitate to contact a Mission Viejo child support lawyer!